Constance Ornelas D.P.M. is a podiatric surgeon who specializes in reconstructive foot and ankle surgery, diabetic limb salvage, and wound care. Though she enjoys all aspects of podiatric medicine, she has a special interest in sports medicine as she was a competitive gymnast growing up.
Dr. Ornelas graduated from UCLA, followed by four years at Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in Chicago. She then finished a three year surgical residency at Lakewood Regional Medical Center. The Northern California native has performed over 1,000 podiatric surgeries.
Dr. Ornelas always talks to her patients about conservative care first as many foot and ankle injuries can be managed with non-surgical treatment options. For those injuries that need surgical intervention, Dr. Ornelas has extensive training in both forefoot and rearfoot procedures. She offers expertise in surgical correction of bunions, hammertoes, tendon repairs, fracture management and arthritis.
Dr. Ornelas is the Clinical Director of Wound Care for the Lakewood Regional Medical Center Residency program. She is certified in Advanced Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine and works at the Los Alamitos Wound Healing and Hyperbarics Center. She also serves as an attending physician at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, where she is active in teaching medical students and residents.
Dr. Ornelas’ hospital affiliations include Los Alamitos Medical Center, Lakewood Regional Medical Center and Cedars Sinai Medical Center.
- Special Olympics (2009-present)
- Community Health Fairs
- Diabetes Expo Long Beach
- Featured Guest/Speaker on The Doctors Show (CBS Studios)
- Cerritos Senior Center
- Mended Hearts
- Los Alamitos Senior Advantage
- Board Qualified in Foot and Ankle Surgery from the American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Associate in the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Vice President of the Los Angeles Podiatric Medical Association – South Bay/Harbor Division
- Committee Member of the Member Services and Student Recruitment for CPMA
- Member: American Podiatric Medical Association, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, California Podiatric Medical Association, and the Los Angeles Podiatric Medical Association.