Victoria M. Foley D.P.M. is a diplomat of the Board of Podiatric Surgery and a fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. The Southern California native and UCLA graduate earned her medical degree from Des Moines University in Iowa.
In a medical field dominated by men, Dr. Foley has developed a thriving practice in Long Beach, California. Dr. Foley maintains that patient education (including self-assessment), appropriate exercise, proper foot wear and a healthy diet are all critical elements in keeping feet healthy. The emphasis is always on preventative care and education rather than curative treatment.
“I want my patients to know that treatment and recovery is a team effort,” Dr. Foley says. “With early diagnosis and quick treatment, foot and ankle problems can be handled successfully. I encourage my patients to listen to their bodies.”
As a former collegiate soccer player at UCLA, Foley offers an athlete’s perspective on foot and ankle related injuries and subsequent treatment. For more serious injuries, Dr. Foley is board certified in Foot Surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery.
Our office features full service podiatric care including x-ray, physical therapy and lab capabilities. Additionally, to serve the Hispanic community more completely, our staff is bilingual.
Dr. Foley maintains a strong commitment to continuing education for herself and her staff. Team Foley attends regular seminars focusing on office protocols, treatment procedures and general office administration applications.
“My practice philosophy is listening to my patients about their complaints and then developing a treatment plan that works with their lifestyle” says Dr. Foley. “I think that it is important to educate patients to get them pain free and then help them stay pain free.”
Dr. Foley’s hospital affiliations include: Long Beach Memorial and Los Alamitos Medical Center.
In her free time, Dr. Foley enjoys skiing, playing tennis, paddle boarding, traveling, and raising her dog Tucy. She is a bit of a foodie and likes to find great new restaurants.
- Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery from the American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Diplomat of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Member of Lecture Team for Physical Fitness Shoe Education
- Guest Lecturer at Cerritos Senior Center
- Lecturer for Nordstrom’s Shoe Department in Cerritos, CA
- Sweet Peas Diabetic Support Group
- Premier Advantage Lunch and Learn Program
- Participated in the Douglas Park Health Fair
- Lecturer at Gulfstream Lunch and Learn Program
- Southern California Special Olympics
- Podiatric Surgery Residency Program at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
- Podiatric Surgery Residency Program at Los Alamitos Medical Center
- Various health fairs for local companies
- Special Olympics since 2003