Once you schedule your appointment with Dr. Vikki or Dr. Connie, there are a few things you will want to do to prepare for your visit. As with most things in life, proper preparation can help you get the most out of your time with the podiatrist. It can also help you avoid certain pitfalls, like forgetting to ask for specific information until after you leave our Long Beach podiatry office. With that in mind, here is a quick checklist for you to go over before your visit.
- Write down your symptoms and any questions you have.
- Collect your medical history, including medications, allergies, and previous surgeries.
- Similarly, bring any medical records and lab reports with you, including x-rays, MRIs, and other diagnostic test results.
- Call to notify our staff if you will need any special accommodations.
- Ask a friend or family member to accompany you if you would like.
- If your problem involves walking/exercising, bring your athletic shoes with you for Dr. Vikki or Dr. Connie to inspect.
Once you have prepared for your appointment, you can rest easy knowing that soon all of your questions will be answered. During your appointment, make sure that your questions are answered to your satisfaction and that you understand everything our doctors are telling you. Many patients find it helpful to take notes to refer back to later. Finally, if you have any questions about the information you receive, let the doctor know. Dr. Vikki and Dr. Connie are more than happy to clear up any confusion.